Although we received many excellent submissions, we had to limit the number of entries published in the Boston Herald. But you can view the entries online. Follow this link to enjoy the 2011 Eyes of a Child submissions.
You are currently browsing the archives for December, 2011
Attention NIE Teachers—Print delivery of the Boston Herald will be cancelled from December 23 through January 2 due to the December vacation. Delivery will resume on January 3.
The online Smart Edition will be available during the vacation week.
Don’t have the Smart Edition yet? Teachers can order it free of charge here.
The Boston Herald is calling for student art for its annual holiday section called “Eyes of a Child” which will appear in the newspaper on December 24. We gladly welcome drawings, poems, prose, and essays inspired by the holiday season.
Only submissions sent via email by teachers or principals will be accepted. We are unable to accept submissions directly from students.
Eyes of a Child Guidelines for Entry:
- All entries must be sent via email by a teacher or principal. We are unable to accept submissions directly from students.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15. Scanned artwork should be at its best resolution.
- Written entries must not exceed 300 words. Editorial reserves the right to edit if necessary.
- In your email include the name, grade, school, city, teacher name and contact number for each student.
- Entries will be selected by the editorial department of the Boston Herald.
Teachers and principals–please email entries to
email@example.com by December 15.