Teachers, enjoy our first Weekly News Quiz!
Every Monday, the NIE team will post a new quiz based on Boston Herald articles from the previous week. Questions are based on current Boston Herald Smart Edition articles in a variety of topics to test students’ knowledge of current events in a fun, Jeopardy style quiz game.
Find a text version of the News Quiz questions and answers below.
1. Name two of the three new devices that Apple unveiled last week.
2. Name two of the student apps listed in the September 8 Boston Herald article “Student Apps Make Grade.”
3. Earlier this month, two people had to fight off a great white shark when it knocked them out of their kayak in which Massachusetts town?
4. Which local grocery store chain recently resumed normal operations after six weeks of company-wide protests and disputes?
5. Name the Republican and Democratic candidates for Massachusetts governor after last week’s primary election.
6. True or False: If Martha Coakley is elected governor of Massachusetts she will be the first woman in the state to hold the position.
7. Last week, President Obama will publicly outline his strategy for dealing with which terrorist organization?
8. A Massachusetts doctor was infected with which contagious disease while working with patients in Liberia?
9. Which NFL team beat the New England Patriots in their season opener after a comeback in the second half of the game?
10. Which Boston Red Sox player confirmed last week that he is suffering from an injury to his hand and wrist that may require off-season surgery?
1. iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, and the Apple Watch
2. iStudiezPro, Studious, MyHomework Student Planner, Remind, Classdojo, Edmodo
4. Market Basket.
5. Charlie Baker (R) and Martha Coakley (D)
7. ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria)
8. The Ebola virus.
9. The Miami Dolphins.
10. Dustin Pedroia.
Let us know what you think of the News Quiz by posting a comment below!
Questions or comments? Email Brianne at email@example.com or call 617-619-6220.